Sunday, October 20, 2013

F1 2013, Nvidia, Steam and Windows 8.1

Another Windows 8.1 post upgrade issue.

When launching F1 2013, from Steam or desktop shortcut I get a "Program Already running" error.

Not much on any of the forums or Google search.

However the fix seemed to be quite a simple one. It took a 'verify integrity of the game cache' to get it working again.

All seems fine, but I think there may be issues with Nvidia and Windows 8.1 too.

12 Laps into a classic race and as I finally got into a position to overtake for the lead the screen locked up completely before going blank. A few seconds later I was still getting Audio feedback and I was getting haptic feedback from the steering wheel so I guess the game engine was still working fine.

I'm guessing we are going to need a new set of drivers from NVidia soon to clear down some of these Windows 8.1 glitches.

Very annoying.

No comments: