Sunday, December 31, 2006

Do not buy Tiger Woods 2007 (PC)

Where do I start, I've had 2 previous versions of this game and the progression seems to get worse with the bugs. Worst of all is EA Sports unwillingness to fix or patch the problems.

My particular problem is with Anti-Aliasing (AA) - when switch on - the game play rendering is black.

I tried to register for a patch via EA link - but could not since the security image with a verification code would not display.

Then after 4 e-mails I've been told a) it's a problem with my drivers b) it's not a supported feature??? c) It's a resolution/colour depth problem. ALL OF WHICH IT IS NOT. After trying all the suggested fixes my game now runs like a complete dog with blocking game play from the start.

I register on 2 TW07 forums - there are dozens, if not more people suffering the same problem.

There's an acknowledgment from the TW team that there is a problem with AA rendering, there's a semi fix in the patch (not released yet) and it will require switching off 3/4 graphical features to get it to work. est of all they state it will be fixed in TW2008!!! I'm guessing that's not a free upgrade. Tech support are blissfully ignorant of these issues.

So I register for patches, register my game - it shows as registered but refuses to appear in the EA online.

So I try to uninstall TW07 - I can't even do that, the uninstaller does not run. I have to delete the files and manually rip the shit out of the registry.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - IT'S NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, FULL OF UNPATCHED BUGS THAT EA DO NOT WANT TO ADDRESS

If you are having problems with this game RETURN IT NOW, relying on EA to patch or 'tech support' is a dead end.

No comments: