Sunday, May 07, 2006

TalkTalk saga continues new gmail issue!

Yes, I Know, another TalkTalk problem - you must be wonder, as I am, if anything actually works with this free service. An old addage comes to mind 'you get what you pay for' and since it's now 'free' I really should not expect much...

What am I on about today...

from e-mail to TalkTalk support it goes like it goes like this.

me to them: "this now also appears to be affecting my smtp/pop access to my gmail account from outlook. Is this traffic being throttled too?"
Answer: "I can assure you we dont not throttle email.. Our fair usage policy is geared towards ensuring people who use email, and general web browsing are 100% not effected, it is simply monitoring Peer to Peer ports."

but...

me to them: "GMAIL from google uses ports SSL and ports 995 & 465 respectively to send and receive e-mails on pop clients, your P2P policy appears to rescrict these too, before 8am this morning I was able to send and receive e-mail from outlook to my g-mail account as I would expect.

Similarly with my VPN(IPSec) traffic - before 8am it takes less than 1 sec for me to authenticate - now at 09:30am it takes 10+ seconds?"

I wait with anticipation...

No comments: